Eliminate the Muda is proud to present the 108th edition of the Money Hacks Carnival.
If this is your first time to Eliminate the Muda be sure to check out What is Muda to learn more. Are you are looking for a different perspective on personal finance? To get the latest from this blog, sign up for my RSS feed or E-mail subscription.
I’ve read through over 33 articles and found lots of interesting stuff. Some of the information provided is all truth while other information dares you to think differently. Therefore I have decided to make the theme of this carnival Truth or Dare.
However, we are playing a little differently, we are playing Dare and Truth! I dare you to open a comments box below and answer each question truthfully.
First things first, you have to read each of the editor’s picks:
Money Help for Christians help college kids too. You’ve heard of Coverdell and 529′s, but have you heard about this? Roth IRA For Your Kids College Savings – A Hybrid Approach
NeedMoneyTips talks tough with a different view on employment: Make More Money At Work.
Darwin’sFinance urges you to buck the trend with interest free loans to the government in 6 Reasons You Won’t Go To Hell If You’re Getting A Tax Refund This Year.
Suburban Dollar looks at the truths behind the new Credit Card Act: Will The New Credit Card Act, 2010 Be Beneficial To Consumers?
The Sun’s Financial Diary – Know Thy (Financial) Self – Great advice for all of us to follow.
Let the games begin!
freemoneyfinance provides timeless advice: How Not To Act Old In An Interview.
1. What would you do to someone else for a Klondike bar?
Out Of Debt Again shares I Tried Shop at Whole Foods But I Just Couldn’t Make Myself Do It! I can’t say I blame her after seeing what she discovered. I’m not sure what is worse, fish heads or the ….!
2. What is your guilty pleasure Disney Movie?
How To Be Frugal shares advice to Saving Money On Eating Out
3. What is the longest you have gone without bathing?
Balance Junkie – digs deeper into the world of Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP) for Canadians. He questions: Should You Take Money Out of RRSP’s To Pay Off Debt?
4. If you could tell a blogger what to write, who would it be and what would they write?
dqydj.net (Don’t Quit Your Day Job) dares you to snitch on your tax cheating neighbor with this thought provoking article IRS Ratatouille.
5. What do you do to let someone that you are interested in know that you like him/her?
WealthPilgrim.com asks if you would still have a great attitude if you were Broke, Evicted Heart Attack Victim Has No Financial Stress.
6. What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
Budgets are $exy is bustin’ guts and having a blast with The 20 Best Money Sites. To bad they didn’t the list 21 Best Money Site, I’m sure Budgets are $exy would have been on it!
7. If any one blogger could be your slave for a day, who would it be and what would he/she have to do?
Dividends Value presents 11 Dividend Stocks Providing Positive Feedback.
8. For the guys: have you ever worn lingerie?
Credit Card Assists provides guidance Knowing When to Disclose Your Social Security Number
9. For the girls: have you ever worn a jockstrap?
MyWealthBuilder proclaims the answer to a comfortable retirement: How Living Only On Base Salary Funded Our Early Retirement.
10. If you could be born into history as any famous person who would it be and why?
LiveRealNow Is Your Budget Doing More Harm Than Good?
11. What is your best physical attribute?
Consumer Boomer raises the question Should You Invest With Lending Club Or Is It Too Risky?
12. Would you invest in Peer-to-Peer lending?
Provident Planning has Updates to the Free Retirement Calculator. It says I only have to save $25,000 per year to meet my goal, piece of cake!
13. Have you ever been arrested?
Financial Uproar inquires: Is Canada In A Real Estate Bubble? Yikes, I hope not.
14. If you were the opposite sex for one day, what would you look like and what would you do?
Do You Dave Ramsey shares Dave Ramsey with Baby Step One – Starter Emergency Fund.
15. Which blogger do you think would be a bad date?
16. Do you have a secret talent and what is it?
Good Financial Cents presents Rules and Limits to Open a SEP IRA.
17. What is one unique thing are you afraid of?
Buck$ome Boomer tackles the challenges of boarding fido with 5 Tips for Selecting a Kennel
18. If you had to listen to only three songs for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Canadian Finance Blog – How I Got $8 Glasses. And no, he didn’t buy 8 happy meals to get them!
19. If you and someone else were the only people alive on earth, who would you pick the other person to be?
Ask Mr. Credit Card – Purchase Protection and Purchase Publicity – Would you like all your purchases publicly displayed?
20. Describe the best dream you ever had in full detail.
CreditCardOffersIQ – List of Interest Free Credit Cards for 12 Months.
21. What is on your mind right now?
Miss Bankruptcy dares you to diversify your accounts further with an ING Orange Savings Account
22. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Doughroller completes a FNBO Direct Review
23. In three words or less, why are you in debt?
MyDollarPlan shares a Discover $50 Sign Up Bonus
24. Have you ever woken up in a strange place and where was it?
Control Your Cash – Tell us if you try this! 3 out 0 f every 4 People Reading Are Idiots?
25. Did you really read the article listed above?
Many of the truth or dare questions came from Advicopedia.
Photo by Hoqqheff
Daily Yakezie Short Carnival
Why it’s Frugal to live in Arizona by Ultimate Money Blog
Marginal earnings, when working is no longer worth it by Early Retirement Extreme
These posts have been chosen as the best post of the month by the bloggers who submitted them, so check them out if you are looking to add more blogs to your reading list.